Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Nin-aversary

It was 14 years ago today that I heard Nine Inch Nails for the first time. Yesterday was Trent Reznor's 40th birthday. 40! I hate it when my gods age. But I can watch the videos from Broken any time I want and see him in his prime.
Obviously I've been listening to NIN a lot lately, because With Teeth came out a few weeks ago. Not NIN's best work. Not crap either, although a few of the songs have crappy moments. Some decent lyrics, introspective, and even multidimensional.

Sunspots:
And nothing can stop me now
There is nothing to fear
And everything that ever was
Is inside us here

Right Where It Belongs:
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks
Would you find yourself, find yourself afraid to see?

What if all the world's inside of your head?
Just creations of your own
Your devils and your gods all the living and the dead
And you're really all alone

No comments: