Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dragon magic & feathered serpents

I went to a lovely class on Dragon Magic last night, led by my good friend Lady Hawke, and I did a meet-the-dragons meditation that I am going to write down and post on my web site eventually.
There wasn't much in the class I hadn't heard before...I'm a veteran at this. I told my own dragon story (someday I'll put it here) and helped guide the class through questions. However, one thing really jumped out at me.
If your life isn't going the way you need it to, and you're lost and don't know where to turn, you can call upon the dragons. You choose an element of time: day, week, month, year, decade and at the end of that time, the changes are set into motion.
Here's how you do it.
You sculpt, draw or otherwise fashion an image of the dragon you want to help you. Put all your energy and intent for change into the creation process. Do this at the beginning of your chosen cycle. For the duration of the cycle, honor the created dragon with incense, prayer, energy, flowers, whatever. At the end of the cycle, destroy the image and release all that energy.
I have heard this over and over, every year during this class, and thought "hm, that would be cool" and never done it.
Lately I've been thinking a lot of making a portrait of Queztalcoatl/Kukulkan as the feathered serpent. And the next Tzolkin is due to start at the beginging of June.
It all came together, and last night at 9:30 when I got home, I started searching for images to use to create my Q. I scanned it a bunch of feathers from my parrots. My portrait has begun.
The feathered serpents of the new world are our dragons. As a follower of this path, what better way to honor them then by this ceremony?

No comments: