Tuesday, June 14, 2005

pool of souls shrine

I haven't decided how I feel about this. Remember that I told you a few weeks ago I guy died in my Pool of Souls? His friends/family have made that section of the bridge, the very section where I stand to throw my offerings, into a shrine, with huge bouquets of flowers (like for a funeral) and a cross with his name, and all kinds of other stuff.

Okay, I do know this: the idea of standing there to throw flowers into the river now makes me feel very uncomfortable. I know I shouldn't care what others think. But I don't want my spiritual actions to be connected in any way to this person's death.

I also want to pull all the dead flowers out of the arrangements and toss them, but I don't know the etiquette for that. Who takes care of those flowers? Will the person who put them there come back and throw them away when they die? Or will they become an eyesore of death like the dead dog around the corner? (A long story).

No comments: