Thursday, June 09, 2005

more powerless-ness

Why am I being beaten over the head with this? Is this some kind of breakthrough?
My friend had been promising to take my husband & I out to dinner in exchange for us fixing her computer last month. (It was her computer sitting next to the back door which the thief did not take.) She works 2 jobs and it's hard to coordinate schedules, but after several bouts of last minute cancellations and reschedules, we were up for tonight--that is, as of yesterday afternoon when I spoke to her. This afternoon she bailed again, saying she forgot she had to pay her rent and she can't afford it. I am so frustrated. I had someone call me yesterday and want to pay me actual money to help him do some computer stuff, and I turned him down because I had this dinner thing tonight. ARGH.
I hate, hate, hate, hate depending on other people for anything. Yes, I'm a control freak. That's what this powerlessness thing is about. Not having control.

No comments: