Thursday, July 21, 2005

Circle

I have some pictures that I will probably post over the weekend, from last week.
But there's been a damper put into the whole re-building thing, though. My mom, who has been helping us out with money and groceries and tuition, lost her job yesterday. My dad has Alzheimer's and his medication is $300/month and now she has no insurance. She can't collect unemployment for 6 months since she got severance pay, but her severance was mostly sucked up for taxes. Her pension is a whopping $100 a month and when the company goes under (as it seems to be doing) that goes away. I should be in a position to ease her burdens at this point in my life, not be holding my hand out.
We still have to buy all the wood chips and the concrete to finish the circle. I don't know if we can afford it.

No comments: