Tuesday, May 30, 2006

article about my mom's cousin

I'll reproduce it. Here's the original link as well.
New Fairfield woman killed
Retiree, 63, among two people dead in East Haddam motorcycle accident
By Heather Barr THE NEWS-TIMES
EAST HADDAM – Adriana Snarski, 63, of New Fairfield had just retired and was enjoying life with a rekindled love, when she and the North Haven man she was dating were killed in a motorcycle crash Sunday evening.
Snarski, of Bigelow Road, was the passenger on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle driven by Edward Rogers, 66, of Pool Road, North Haven. Both were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, said Connecticut State Police Troop K officers.
Around 5 p.m., Snarski and Rogers were going south on Route 149 when Rogers lost control of his motorcycle while negotiating a curve, police said.
The motorcycle fell on its left side, throwing Snarski and Rogers off the motorcycle. They then struck an East Granby man and woman, motorcycle driver Frank Grillo and his passenger, Michelle Grillo, heading northbound on Route 149, police said.
The trooper investigating the case could not be reached for further comment to find out if either Snarski or Rogers were wearing motorcycle helmets. There is no law in Connecticut requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets.
Michelle Grillo was treated for minor wrist injuries.
"I can't tell you how shocked and devastated I am," said Snarski's neighbor, JoAnn Yachulke. "She was an absolutely delightful person. She had a wonderful sense of humor. She had a mind that was exceptionally sharp."
Yachulke also described Snarski as loving, warm and very caring.
Snarski grew up in the New Haven area and has four sons, said Yachulke. One son lives in Virginia and another lives in Florida.
"I can't tell you how awful this is," said Yachulke. "She was too young to have this happen. She had such a heart. She was so giving. She was the coolest lady."
A divorced woman, Snarski lived alone, but kept very busy. She was a member of St. Edwards the Confessor Church in New Fairfield. Prior to retiring within the last year, she had worked at M. Lathrop Septic Service in New Fairfield and worked part-time for Curves in New Fairfield.
Snarski and Rogers were engaged a long time ago before Rogers got married to his wife and Snarski got married to her ex-husband. When Rogers' wife died, the two got back together. "It was nice to see them rediscover this love," said Yachulke. "It was such a romantic relationship." Only recently had Yachulke met Rogers. "He was very nice," she said.
# # #
I believe another of my cousins lives in Colorado too, and the last one is here in CT.
I was searching by her name to see if there have been any other articles posted.... I have Google Desktop and at the top of my search her email address came up from my address book. I don't know why stupid things like that can set me off and make me cry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Occasionally I feel the need to look up the names of my friends, Adriana and Edward. I was Eddie's neighbor in North Haven, and they had both attended my college graduation party the day before the accident. Both Eddie and Adriana were wonderful to me, and I've been devastated since they left this world. I just wanted to thank you for posting the article. I actually don't even know where Adriana was buried, I've been meaning to visit the grave site for quite some time now. I know you posted this over a year ago, but thank you again.