Tuesday, March 07, 2006

2 blasts from the past

12.19.13.1.19 6 Cauac 17 Kayab
Tomorrow (7 Ahau) is the 2nd portal day of this Tzolkin.

A few weird things have happened to me over the past couple of days, and I could think about them in so many ways.
Over the weekend, I got a note through classmates.com (the most annoying site in the world if you haven't paid their crappy membership fee, which I haven't) from a friend of mine who I haven't seen (or thought about to be honest) since high school. We had gone to school together since we were 5, and played together as children. I used to ride my bike to her house. (We were usually at her house cuz her mom was home and mine worked.) We rekindled our friendship and that was nice. I invited her to the open house on Saturday. She told me how she lost weight (she was quite a chubby child) and then gained it back during a bed-ridden pregnancy, only to have her baby die after one day.

So that was nice to hear from her, right?

I was supposed to go shopping and to dinner some night this week with another friend. (I need hair dye. Why I can't I just manifest my hair in the color I want?!) But on Sunday I started thinking about all the work I'd have to do to get ready for the open house, and that I should maybe go on Monday afternoon. As soon as the thought was in my head, it stuck there (sometimes that happens to me--that's how I ended up with a fish tank last year). I worked out like a good girl, went to the bank and post office, and decided to eat FIRST in case I bought anything refrigerated so the cold food wouldn't be waiting in my car while I had dinner. There's a point to this.

All these small decisions led me into Ruby Tuesdays around 4:00. I sat down, debated over what to order, placed my order, opened my book and began to read. I was still reading at the end of my meal while waiting for the check to come back when a woman from across the aisle called my name--my real name that I don't use anymore. It was ANOTHER friend from high school.

Remember, I had no intention of going to this place on this day at this time.

I went and sat with her and it turns out that she has stage 4 ovarian cancer. For those of you lucky enough to have no knowledge of cancer, stage 4 is pretty much terminal (there's no stage 5). In stage 4, it's only a matter of time. (Then again, it's only a matter of time with all of us, isn't it?) She told me she'd spent two months in hospice (where you go when you have less than 6 weeks to live) over the summer but gotten better so they sent her home. She was very upbeat. She's in a band, hoping to get a record contract. Her blood count is going down and she hopes to move out of her parents' house again and get a boyfriend "who can deal with the uncertainty" as she put it delicately. She told me she had to reevaluate her whole life. I can't even imagine.

Meeting up with these two people from my past really got my attention. If it had been one or the other, would have been one thing. But two in two days? Very odd. Okay, spirit, I'm listening. What am I supposed to hear?

Then today I get an IM from a stranger. He wants me to teach him "to be a shaman" which is pretty much impossible. It's about how you use what you know. He's very young, only 18. He wanted to learn every kind of Reiki I teach, and Huna, and all kinds of things. By November 5th. He said it was imperative per spirit that I do this. I told him my prices and he responded that spirit said I wasn't supposed to charge him money because he's only 18. Funny, spirit tells ME not to devaluate and dis-honor myself by giving away my time anymore.

Funny that I was only on that IM server (AOL) to talk to one of my friends from the past....If she hadn't contacted me over the weekend with her AIM I wouldn't have been online.

No comments: